Best ice fishing in Kirkenes area, Norway
This is how it goes:
- Contact us and tell your group size, time wish for the trip and special wishes. This activity must be booked at least one day ahead.
- Our guide comes to pick up your group(1-5 persons) from your resort or special location in Kirkenes area by car. The best time to go fishing is during day light.
- We drive to the guides preferred location due to weather and seasonal matters. There is bottled still water in the car.
- When we reach the fishing destination, we move to the water by snowmobile pulled sledge and spend about 2-3 hours fishing. You can keep the fishes your self, release them, or give them to the guide.
- After fishing guide drives back to your pick up location.
The guide has all the fishing gear you need and the price includes transportation, drinks and snacks. All you need to bring is warm clothes. The guide is there for you and to make your trip comfortable so don’t hesitate to ask if you wish something.
About fish species
The most common species that are caught from Barents sea are cod and coalfish. Average size is around one kilo, but both species can reach over 10 kilo weight at this area. They both are delicious in taste and fun to fish. They move in packs, so after hooking one, you will most likely hook another. It is near to impossible to not to catch fish when being at the right place at right time at Barents sea.
Starting from 195€/person