Best ice fishing in Kirkenes area, Norway
This is how it goes:
- Contact us and tell your group size, time wish for the trip and special wishes. This activity must be booked at least one day ahead.
- Our guide comes to pick up your group(1-6 persons) from your resort or special location in Kirkenes area by car. The best time to go fishing is during day light.
- We drive to the guides preferred location due to weather and seasonal matters.
- When we reach the fishing destination, we move to the sea ice by walking about 600 meters. During the fishing guide makes open fire and grills some of your catch right away for you to eat. You can keep the rest of the catch your self, release them, or give them to the guide.
- After fishing guide drives back to your pick up location.
The guide has all the fishing gear you need and the price includes transportation, drinks and snacks. All you need to bring is warm clothes. The guide is there for you and to make your trip comfortable so don’t hesitate to ask if you wish something.
You can also join to the trip by driving your own or rental car to the starting location. That will give you reduced price.
Sometimes we catch small fishes, sometimes big and sometimes both. So far we every one joining this excursion has caught several fishes, but still we can’t promise that you get one on top of the ice. Fishing is fishing, everyone knows.
About fish species
The most common species that are caught from Barents sea are cod and coalfish. Average size is around one kilo, but both species can reach over 10 kilo weight at this area. They both are delicious in taste and fun to fish. They move in packs, so after hooking one, you will most likely hook another. It is near to impossible to not to catch fish when being at the right place at right time at Barents sea.
Starting from 195€/person
You can use this following form to contact us, to book the activity, or just ask a guestion