This is one of my favourite dishes.
Crowned rye bread
- Catch a trout, grayling, whitefish, salmon or char. Place the fillet on baking paper(or in a specially made salting tray). Add a lot of rough sea salt, some sugar and a little bit of black pepper. Wrap it and let it rest in fridge over night.
- In the morning the meat should have been hardened a bit. If not, there wasn’t enough salt. Cut it in thin slices. Much more pleasant to eat it that way.
- Go to Finland and get your hands on rye bread. Toast it and butter it. That toasting is important; totally changes the bread.
- Cover the bread with fish. Add red onion and boiled egg on top.
- Share it with your friends. 🙂
Here I had some Norwegian mountain trout. Beautiful burning red colour and jellylike texture in the raw meat. Especially recommend this recipe if you hook a grayling.
Really enjoy cooking and eating fishies. Cant wait to share more of my recipes!
2 vastausta artikkeliin “Find it. Hook it. Eat it.”
I believe this is delicious! I’m sure we make these breads 😀
Forgot to mention that also rainbow trout is suitable for the dish. And feel free to add something. I made the bread with grayling meat few days ago and added also grayling caviar. Didn’t regret. 😉